Swim with the Whale Sharks
An Amazing Experience!
The Mexican Caribbean is one of the few places where the whale sharks are close enough to shore to make boat trips possible to see them. The season begins on May 15th and ends on September 15th.
We start the morning early to prepare for our day’s adventure and return mid-day depending upon the distance we need to travel. The whale shark area is 1 to 1 ½ hours away from Isla Mujeres and approximately 60 square miles, so it may take time to locate them.
Only swimming and snorkeling are allowed, no diving. Our experienced captain and crew have the required whale shark certifications and marine biology courses and are fully bilingual.
We provide a light breakfast, lunch, refreshments and bottled water, all the snorkel gear, life vests and wetsuits. After swimming with the whale sharks we head back to Isla and visit a nice shallow reef for snorkeling (if time permits) while the captain prepares a fresh ceviche.
Due to COVID-19 the maximum capacity allowed by the government is limited to 8 per boat.
$150 usd per person with a 10% discount in July
As a responsible dive shop we have always disinfected all our equipment after each use but we have implemented more safety measures to receive you in a safe environment:
- We leave our equipment disinfecting in a special sanitizing liquid.
- We only use a regulator/snorkel per person per day.
- We offer brand new mouth pieces (for purchase).
- We have taken (all staff and members) all the required government online courses for a safe return to work.
- We regularly sanitize all our boats.
- We have gel on board of each our boats for clients to use when coming in and out of the boat.